Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Math Activeness Thursday Alongside House Value!

Thanks for stopping past times too I'm thence excited to host my outset linky party.  I know that in that location accept been several math link-ups (at to the lowest degree inwards the blogs I've been following), thence hopefully you lot are non likewise tired alongside math yet. : )

So, here's our MaTh activeness Th topic: Place Value
I intend house value is an of import seem for a pupil too it tin give the axe live hard for some, particularly when they acquire into the thousands place.  I've seen far likewise many kids non live able to say which 1 is greater 2,040 or 2,400.

Here is 1 agency I intend kids larn house value a petty to a greater extent than easily--with MONEY!

I similar to demo the kids $0.01 is 1 penny too and thence add together upward your pennies too afterwards you lot add together 1 to a greater extent than penny to your nine pennies that acquire equal to a dime ($0.10).  This also helps them empathize regrouping.  I honey to role charts similar this...

They are handed unopen to total of money.

Put the nautical chart inwards a plastic sleeve too and thence the children tin give the axe role dry out erase markers on the canvas over too over again.  Here is the nautical chart filled out...

At unopen to indicate inwards the lesson I produce acquit upon the concept of a 'digit'.  I explicate that in that location are 10 digits, 0-9.  Those are the entirely numbers that tin give the axe occupy a house on the value chart.  That's it--short too sweet!

So, at 1 time it's your turn.  What activities produce you lot produce alongside house value?  
Do you lot accept a game that kids love?  Do you lot role a special manipulative?  

Thanks for reading too shout upward to view at to the lowest degree iii links other than your own.  I'll denote adjacent week's theme on Mon : )





No comments:

Post a Comment