Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Author Visits At School--Does Anyone Convey Them?

Hey everyone!

It has been a busy calendar week calling in addition to connecting amongst local schoolhouse districts in addition to principals close me in addition to thence I tin shipping away come upward create an writer see to the classrooms, read my book, in addition to create a piffling hands-on math activeness amongst it.  The entirely problem I lead maintain is... non many are getting dorsum to me.

Do yous lead maintain writer visits at your school?  When I telephone phone the schools it seems that many of them lead maintain non in addition to to a greater extent than or less are non interested.  I am thinking I volition quest to become to the schools in addition to thence they tin shipping away catch how educational in addition to what a slap-up resources it could live for the kids.  Here's a piffling video I did in addition to thence people tin shipping away catch what the hardcover volume looks like.


This is my electronic mail to the principals of specific schools...

Hello Principal ...., 

I lead maintain a wonderful, novel volume called The Pancake Menu which gives children the chance to practise math skills equally they play restaurant, at abode or inward the classroom.  They consummate sales in addition to brand alter using play Menu Money in addition to it aligns good amongst many Common Core Standards.

Being a swain educator (BS Degree inward El Ed 2000 from BYU) I would honey to come upward into your schoolhouse in addition to create a few 20-25 infinitesimal presentations/activities inward your tertiary in addition to quaternary bird classrooms.  It tin shipping away live extended to sec in addition to fifth equally well, simply tertiary in addition to quaternary is the target.  

About a calendar week earlier my see I would similar to shipping out an lodge cast if the parents of the students would similar to buy an autographed re-create for their student, in addition to on the twenty-four hr menstruum of the presentation I would give the purchased books to the teachers for the children to lead maintain home.  During the presentation I would loan books for the kids to role for the activity.

I would live happy to come upward encounter amongst yous to farther hash out this in addition to demo yous the volume in addition to play money.  There are a handful of reviews on Amazon and the volume website is www.kidsmenubooks.com.  I would besides live happy to offering your schoolhouse 10% dorsum of all sales to your PTA.

Thank yous for your fourth dimension in addition to I hold back forwards to speaking amongst you!

Sincerely,

Lucy Ravitch
(phone number)
Blog: 

So far, I haven't heard dorsum from them, simply it may live that schoolhouse is withal getting dorsum into the swing of things or that my electronic mail got mixed upward amongst the majority of other junk emails principals receive.

If whatever schoolhouse wants a visit, I besides create virtual visits where nosotros tin shipping away create a video conference telephone phone on Google Hangouts or Skype.

In other news, I lastly signed onto Goodreads.com!  I volition live running a giveaway starting adjacent Th that volition run for 1 month.  Ten lucky winners tin shipping away larn a hardcover book!  I'll post close it 1 time it is live.

Take care!  I'd honey to take away heed if your schoolhouse has always had an writer visit. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment