Monday, January 22, 2001

5 Maths Gems #108

Welcome to my 108th gems post. This is where I part around of the latest news, ideas together with resources for maths teachers.

1. SMP
Christian Bokhove (@cbokhove) together with his squad direct hold been working on this projection for a acre hence it's exciting to encounter the launch of smp2.co.uk. They direct hold created PDFs of dozens of onetime SMP maths textbooks together with booklets. Read almost the aims of the projection here.

Click ‘Access to SMP’ to register together with download the materials. It's gratis together with there's absolutely loads of fabric to await through. It's difficult to know where to start! I'm really grateful to those involved for all their difficult operate on this.

Here's a randomly picked event of a chore on estimator use. It's from Book G1.
And here's business office of a chore from a Level 3 booklet 'Coordinates 2 - Extension'.
2. Storyboarding
Thank y'all to Dale Chapman (Gems 30 back inward 2015, simply after forgot all almost it hence this is a non bad reminder! Plus it's skillful to encounter it inward role for bearings, together with I wonder what other topics would lend themselves good to storyboarding.

3. GCSE Revision
As ever at this fourth dimension of twelvemonth there's been a flurry of novel revision resources.
  • Grant from Access Maths (Gems 106
  • I snuff it along to regularly update my GCSE revision resources page. Throughout the examination catamenia I volition maintain a permanent link to this page at the exceed correct of resourceaholic.com.

4. Fill inward the Gaps
At Educating Northants final calendar week Craig Barton (@mrbartonmaths) shared a novel type of resource: Fill inward the Gaps. We had a larn at it during the workshop together with it was brilliant. Try it together with you'll encounter what I mean.
Go to displays page.

Update
I've been to 3 lovely conferences inward the final 2 weeks - Habs Girls, Educating Northants together with the London Thames Hub Primary Maths Conference.
At Educating Northants I recorded a Conference Takeaways podcast alongside Craig Barton that y'all tin hear to here.
I likewise went out alongside my friends Gill Leahy together with Dil Dias from the London Thames Maths Hub to encounter Hannah Fry produce a verbalise almost her mass Hello World. It was brilliant.
During Educating Northants I went to a workshop on top dog mastery past times Nicky Moksa together with she shared this grid of expose facts. You tin read to a greater extent than almost it on the NCETM website here together with here.

I direct hold made quite a few updates to my conferences page lately - there's ever a lot going on inward the summertime term. I'm looking forrard to speaking at the Kent together with Medway Secondary Maths Conference on Mon eighth July.

Nikki Martin (@nikki_nzmartin) completed her operate on the Primary Topics inward Depth project. This serial of packs characteristic maths misconceptions, approaches together with resources for Years 1 - 6.

My daughters discovered Sumaze Primary final calendar week which was awesome - my vii twelvemonth onetime was totally inward honey alongside it together with actually happy when she completed every level. It's an amazing maths app for immature children.

I await forrard to seeing lots of y'all at the ATM/MA conference which is coming upwards soon. Before then, I'm really much looking forrard to around fourth dimension alongside my identify unit of measurement to recover from the hectic calendar month of March.

Finally, I'll larn out y'all alongside the exciting word that Desmos instantly does box plots! If y'all haven't seen this earlier together with hence produce direct hold a play.






No comments:

Post a Comment