Friday, January 24, 2020

5 Maths Gems #58

This is my 58th update from the basis of Maths EduTwitter. Here I summarise simply about of the latest ideas too resources for education maths.

1. New GCSE Revision Resources
Thanks to @pixi_17 for sharing a fantastic laid upward of revision resources for novel GCSE students. This good designed laid upward of 9 - i revision booklets for 4 dissimilar aeroplane levels (eg 'Aiming for a Grade 5') has come upward inward handy for my Year 10s this week, every bit they revise for their upcoming cease of yr exams.
2. Whack a Prime 
I dear the Is This Prime? game but simply about of my students larn disheartened past times depression scores. It's quite a stressful game to play! Slow it downwardly with this choice 'Whack a Prime' game from @prehmet.
3. Polygons Angles
This novel tool from MathsPad is awesome. I've seen similar tools earlier but this is the best yet. Click 'play' below for a demonstration.

4. Key Stage three Scheme of Work
At this fourth dimension of yr many schools are thinking virtually their schemes of operate for adjacent year. I actually similar the Year seven Scheme of Learning from the White Rose Maths Hub. Schools looking to alter their approach at Key Stage three (less 'spiral', to a greater extent than 'mastery') volition honour this helpful. There's primary schemes hither too.
5. Interesting Exam Questions
Did you lot specially similar whatsoever of the questions inward this year's GCSE papers? Share them on Twitter! For illustration this inquiry was inward the Edexcel Linked Pair Methods two newspaper - it volition come upward inward handy when teaching/revising recurring decimal proofs inward futurity years.
This circle theorems inquiry from Edexcel Methods i was a flake harder than park - there's lots to create here! Have a become at it.
For H5N1 aeroplane teachers, this MEI inquiry is actually prissy - it was sent to me past times a pupil who got stuck on it when revising.
Update
Did you lot grab my latest posts? One was virtually my solar daytime at researchED Maths too Science too the other was virtually maths schoolhouse trips.

On Mon I presented at LIME Oldham, focusing on mathematical methods. My slides are here.

Because I'm an H5N1 aeroplane teacher, examination menses is withal inward total swing for me. The concluding examination is S2 adjacent Mon - phew! I'm looking frontward to Edexcel's conference inward Warwick on 2d July, I should last far less stressed past times then!

I've got a appointment inward hear for here. This yr it volition likely convey a slightly dissimilar format - less CPD, to a greater extent than enrichment - but I volition hold the 'Christmas political party for maths teachers' social element. Watch this space!
Finally, I'll larn out with you lot with this prissy action from James Tanton that I found, with other interesting tasks, inward his 9th curriculum essay.





No comments:

Post a Comment