Friday, January 24, 2020

5 Maths Gems #52

Hello together with welcome to my 52nd gems post. This is where I percentage 5 maths didactics ideas that I've seen on Twitter.

1. GCSE Revision
The Easter holidays are here! Phew, fourth dimension for a rest. When nosotros provide to schoolhouse for the summertime term many of us volition start preparing our Year eleven classes for their GCSE exams. I wrote a shipping 'Higher GCSE Revision' final twelvemonth which includes all my favourite resources merely I'm ever on the await out for novel ideas. Thanks to Maria Howard (@MrsHsNumeracy) for creating a helpful booklet of 'quick grade GCSE questions' grouped past times topic, amongst answers.
2. Starter Cards together with Negative Numbers
I'm a big fan of MathsPad. Some of their resources are gratis together with some require a subscription. It's worth following @MathsPadNicola and @MathsPadJames on Twitter.

Nicola late tweeted a link to a novel gain of starter tasks that could hold upwards used equally starters, leave of absence slips or mini-assessments.
Nicola equally good shared a lovely negative numbers magic foursquare activity.
In response to this, Colin Foster (@colinfoster77) shared the chapter 'Negative Numbers' from his majority Number together with Algebra. I mean value this volition hold upwards actually useful to novel teachers when they instruct negative numbers for the showtime time. I similar the multiplication foursquare activeness which helps students sympathise why multiplying 2 negative numbers gives a positive number.
The total laid upwards of Colin's bright books tin hold upwards flora here.

3. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 Level Revision
After the Easter holidays nosotros convey to a greater extent than or less 5 weeks at schoolhouse earlier seek out flavour starts. I'll demand to complete didactics C2 together with C4 together with therefore produce some seek out preparation. If you're looking for Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 grade revision resources, at that spot are a few at the bottom of my revision cards together with my C2 revision relay.

Sandra from MathsBox (@mathsbox1) late tweeted a link to some novel A2 revision starters (example pictured below).
If you lot know of whatever other practiced Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 grade revision resources delight allow me know.

4. Points
I similar 'Points Number Work' past times Jeremy Denton (@Jeremy_Denton). Students are given twenty minutes to get to choke equally many points equally possible. It's ever worth getting students to practise these fundamental skills.
5. Primary Resources
Year half-dozen teachers together with parents volition hold upwards pleased to remove heed that Mark McCourt (@EmathsUK) has starting publishing practice papers for the novel Key Stage 2 Arithmetic Tests.

Whilst on the dependent plain of principal resources, I should cite some materials that were late shared past times Beth Lilley (@MissBLilley).  I've never seen these booklets from New Zealand's Maths Centre earlier - there's loads of cracking principal textile hither therefore I've added the link to my Primary Maths page.

There's equally good some practiced secondary resources here, such equally the Geometric Reasoning booklet, together with another bits together with pieces that powerfulness come upwards inwards handy (a Family Maths booklet and an Adult Numeracy booklet). Lots to explore!

Update
Edexcel sent out post past times @Jeremy_Denton.

Booking is instantly opened upwards for Edexcel's Warwick Conference 2016 which is on Sabbatum 2nd July. I'll hold upwards presenting on 'the wonderful globe of maths resources'. I'm therefore excited nigh seeing Hannah Fry's keynote - she's brilliant! Do majority a house if you lot tin (it's £185 therefore inquire your schoolhouse to pay!).

Last calendar week I hosted here.

Have a lovely Easter!
Don Steward's preferred lesson structure:
twenty minutes of teaching, forty minutes of
'practice amongst depth' together with generalising



No comments:

Post a Comment