Friday, January 24, 2020

5 Maths Gems #53

Welcome to my 53rd gems post. This is where I part v maths teaching ideas I've seen on Twitter.

1. Games
In Gems 51 I wrote virtually the bright game Is this prime? from @christianp. My colleague Greg currently holds the Glyn Maths Faculty tape inwards this game (51 - subsequently a lot of practice!). We're a competitive bunch in addition to we'd all honey to vanquish him! This calendar week to a greater extent than games accept been shared on Twitter, for the entertainment of both maths teachers in addition to students.

Hannah Fry (@FryRSquared) shared guessthecorrelation.com. In this retro-style game players accept to approximate the correlation from a serial of scatter graphs (between 0 in addition to 1, where 1 is perfect positive correlation). I'm improve at this than the prime number game! I powerfulness purpose it when I adjacent learn S1 to add together a flake of excitement to my PMCC lesson...

Bodil Isaksen (@BodilUK) shared the quick game 'How Well Do You Actually See Shapes?' inwards which y'all accept to alternative regular polygons. Have a larn - run into if y'all tin dismiss larn amount marks.
Julie Morgan (post in addition to Tom Bennison's (@DrBennison) follow-up post.

Finally, this English/US grade/year classification (created past times Kaplan in addition to shared past times @AceThatTest) is helpful. I sometimes discovery it difficult to navigate U.S.A. resources websites (like the splendid Mathematics Assessment Project) because I don't know historic stream equivalences. I likewise read a lot of American blogs, in addition to then this volition move useful for time to come reference.






No comments:

Post a Comment