Friday, January 24, 2020

See Y'all There...?

I'm looking forrad to speaking at 4 maths pedagogy events inwards the coming months.

Warwick 2016
Edexcel's conference 'Excellence inwards Mathematics: Into the Future' is inwards Warwick on Sabbatum sec July. I'm incredibly excited close this final result because Hannah Fry is the keynote speaker. You may convey seen Hannah on TV lately (on Horizon together with Gogglebox!) - she is a lecturer at University College London together with writer of 'The Mathematics of Love'. I saw Hannah verbalize at a Mathematics inwards Action final result a twain of years agone together with it was outstanding - she's a vivid speaker together with I can't hold back to run across her again.

The balance of the conference promises to survive excellent, including the pre-conference dinner which looks similar fun (there's a overstep the parcel!). Delegates volition survive able to select 3 workshops, including sessions from my Twitter pals Mel (@Just_Maths) together with Emma Bell (@El_Timbre). I'll survive presenting on 'The Wonderful World of Maths Resources' - I've enjoyed planning this presentation, it's a chip dissimilar to anything I've done before.

The cost of this conference is £185 (or £220 if y'all desire to remain the nighttime before). It's worth bespeak your schoolhouse to fund this, it's a skilful cost for a whole twenty-four hours of character CPD together with because the conference is on a Sabbatum y'all won't fille a twenty-four hours of school.
Two events for Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 degree teachers
On Fri eighth July I'll survive speaking at the FMSP's annual London KS5 Network Day. This is a pop final result for Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 degree maths teachers inwards London. For FMSP registered schools it's solely £50 for 2 teachers. In my session I'll survive focusing on resources together with ideas for teaching the heart Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 degree modules. There volition also survive sessions on statistics together with mechanics together with an update on the novel Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 degree (by hence nosotros volition convey seen specifications together with sample material).
Tom Bennison, Tom Wicks together with Ria Symonds are hosting the East Midlands Key Stage five Mathematics Conference in Nottingham inwards the summertime holidays. It's on Tuesday ninth August together with costs a mere £25. I'll survive speaking close Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 degree resources together with I'm looking forrad to manage the other sessions too.
LIME Oldham
I'm really impressed yesteryear Lindsey Bennett's vivid move supporting maths teachers. Her gratis #mathsconf2015 - my session at LIME volition survive similar precisely I'll survive focusing on novel GCSE topics, including option methods to abide by the nth term of a quadratic sequence together with solve a quadratic inequality. Come along to explore together with evaluate which methods together with explanations move best.
There are a pose out of other events happening over the coming months, including here) together with La Salle's Complete Mathematics Conference inwards Leeds on 25th June (I'm disappointed that I won't survive able to attend - these conferences are ever good).

All upcoming conferences for Britain maths teachers are listed here. Have I missed anything?

See y'all at an final result soon!








No comments:

Post a Comment