Monday, February 17, 2020

My Daily Classroom Schedule


Creating a classroom schedule that fits inward all of the curriculum, specials, describe outs, etc is similar non bad the code to a regime vault. It's nearly impossible to arrive all work. The pose out 1 enquiry that I have from my instructor besties is, "How did you lot gibe this all in?" 

So I decided to present you lot my schedule.

But first...

Before I part my schedule, I experience similar you lot demand to deal to a few things...

  1. I know that every school, every district, every administrator  and every acre is different. Plus, every flat has really unique needs. My schedule won't run for everyone. Got it?
  2. Yes, I had a really unique start together with cease time. Most students at my schoolhouse were inward classes amongst a traditional 8-3 type schedule. There were a few classes inward each flat that had this alternative schedule. Parents loved having a choice. Plus, it allowed the schoolhouse to gibe to a greater extent than students inward 1 classroom because they had an AM grouping together with a PM grouping that shared the same classroom (but had a unlike teacher.) Please await past times the fourth dimension of twenty-four hours together with focus to a greater extent than on the total of teaching fourth dimension I used for each dependent plain if you lot can.
  3. I am non inward the classroom anymore. I left the classroom to run on curriculum evolution together with professional person development. You tin read to a greater extent than virtually this choice past times clicking HERE. I am simply sharing what I did when I was teaching 3rd grade. Okeyie-Dokie?
Let's learn started!

Monday-Thursday




Whole Group Math- thirty Minutes


My schoolhouse used Eureka/Engage NY for math. I loved it! During whole grouping time, I used the curriculum. But I moved fast! I used this fourth dimension to innovate concepts, but I knew that the existent magic would occur when I met amongst modest groups together with nosotros used manipulatives. 

We typically did some skip counting and/or a sprint (math facts page). Then nosotros would produce 1 review work from the twenty-four hours earlier followed past times the novel lesson. For the most part, I did a novel lesson every day.

Math Centers- sixty Minutes


Math middle fourth dimension was hands-down my favorite hr of the schoolhouse day! It was the fourth dimension that I got to spotter my kiddos grow past times leaps together with bounds equally mathematicians. 

I would regard amongst 2 groups each twenty-four hours for thirty minutes per grouping rotation. This long total of fourth dimension gave us to a greater extent than of a conduct chances to dig inward deep together with decreased fourth dimension wasted on transitions. Since I was solely coming together amongst groups every other day, nosotros would tackle skills from the previous day's lesson together with the electrical current lesson. Typically they went together together with it made feel to exercise them together.

While I met amongst groups, my students completed centers. The middle activities were meaningful, but consistent. This meant almost no planning fourth dimension for me! 


If you lot desire to read to a greater extent than virtually my math middle schedule together with catch costless signs to display the middle schedule, click HERE.

If you lot desire to read to a greater extent than virtually the types of activities my kiddos did during centers, click HERE.

Snack/Restroom/Read Aloud- 25 Minutes


Since my students were solely at schoolhouse for one-half of the day, they did non swallow luncheon at school. Therefore, they were allowed to select a dry out snack to school. Many of the kids would select sandwiches together with process it similar it was lunch! 

Time was crazy limited, thence I ever read to them during their snack. This was genuinely how I introduced my reading lessons. 

You tin read to a greater extent than virtually my reading whole grouping lessons past times clicking HERE.

Reading Groups & Centers- sixty minutes


I used a similar routine for my reading groups equally I did for my math groups. I would regard amongst 2 groups per twenty-four hours for thirty minutes per group. We spent most of our grouping fourth dimension practicing our reading skills together with standards using mass clubs. Having thirty minutes amongst each grouping gave us to a greater extent than fourth dimension to learn invested inward the mass earlier having to build clean upward together with motion on.

You tin read to a greater extent than virtually my mass clubs past times clicking HERE.

While I met amongst my groups the residual of my flat did middle activities. These activities centered closed to spending lots of fourth dimension reading text of their choice. That is the best way to increase their dear for reading! Kids who dear to read volition read often!

You tin read to a greater extent than virtually my reading middle activities past times clicking HERE.

Vocabulary & Language- 20 minutes


After reading groups, I spent 10 minutes doing whole grouping vocabulary instruction. We ever discussed novel words together with context clues when nosotros were reading during mass clubs, but I retrieve that it is imperative to instruct tier 2 vocabulary words too. My kids grew thence much from these 10 minutes!


You tin read to a greater extent than virtually my vocabulary routine past times clicking HERE.

I also spent virtually 10 minutes doing linguistic communication (grammar) instruction. My 3rd graders ever struggled amongst grammar. Most of the fourth dimension they did non fifty-fifty know the basic parts of speech. 


You tin read to a greater extent than virtually my unproblematic grammer lessons past times clicking HERE.

Writing Workshop- 45 Minutes


I used the workshop model to instruct writing. This agency that I would produce a really brusk mini lesson together with thence students would pass the residual of the fourth dimension working on their writing. Students generated their ain storey topics together with I did non give assigned writing prompts. 


You tin read to a greater extent than virtually my writing workshop past times clicking HERE.

I also select a costless writing teaching e-mail course of written report that you lot tin banking enterprise check out past times clicking HERE


Fridays


Brag Tags- 10 Minutes


I used brag tags to vantage students for coming together their academic together with conduct goals. They LOVED them! To proceed it unproblematic for me, together with increase the excitement, I solely awarded the tags on Fridays. I ordinarily gave virtually a dozen tags each week. 

You tin read to a greater extent than virtually how I used the brag tags past times clicking HERE.

Vocabulary Game- fifteen Minutes


My students loved playing a vocabulary game amongst their words from the week. I ordinarily threw inward the previous week's words equally good thence that students were non forgetting those words. Our Fri game was typically a whole grouping game.


You tin read virtually our vocabulary games together with catch some costless ones past times clicking HERE.

Assessments- 45 Minutes


Assessments aren't fun, but they select to endure done. Each calendar week nosotros had to produce a math fact, spelling together with grammer assessment. Every other calendar week nosotros did a vocabulary assessment. They were all really brusk assessments that I could literally flat equally they were turning them in! 

We had math assessments from fourth dimension to fourth dimension equally well. They came at nowadays from our curriculum.

Science & Social Studies- Almost iii Hours


You may select noticed that I didn't include dedicated scientific discipline together with social studies fourth dimension inward my schedule Monday-Thursday. We mightiness contain some scientific discipline together with social studies when nosotros were doing informational reading together with writing standards, but the bulk of scientific discipline together with social studies was done on Friday. 

I loved having a long block of fourth dimension on 1 twenty-four hours thence much to a greater extent than than a modest block all week. We genuinely had fourth dimension to produce research, experiments, STEM, projects, presentations, fine art together with more!

My schoolhouse did non select whatever scientific discipline or social studies curriculum. I would simply search Pinterest together with TpT for activities that gibe the units I had to teach.


Have a Not So Wimpy day!




No comments:

Post a Comment