Thursday, May 7, 2020

Student Communication Using Blogs

I've taken a few days away from posting on hither because my babe was born on Monday... But fifty-fifty though I've been a flake tied up, I've even then been able to part concluding infinitesimal motivational messages amongst my show classes using 2 pupil blogs - i for my GCSE class too i for the whole Sixth Form. In this post I beak over my experience of communicating inwards this way.

GCSE Class
I started example post).  I also posted classwork answers too links to worksheets too homework sheets inwards instance they missed a lesson or lost a homework. I works life this was the most useful appear of the spider web log - my pupils never had an excuse for missing a homework!

I works life it a flake time-consuming to write a spider web log post 3 times a calendar week too yesteryear the fourth dimension this shape were inwards Year eleven I was updating the spider web log less often, too my posts got shorter. To last honest at that topographic point were times when I felt far also busy to post, simply I did persevere.

Since this shape direct maintain been on written report leave, I've been posting motivational messages too concluding infinitesimal revision resources. I tin run into from the striking tracker on Blogger that my pupils direct maintain been receiving these messages.

Sixth Form
When I took on the piece of occupation of Key Stage v Coordinator I decided to fix this blog every bit the original tool for communicating amongst H5N1 score pupils.  My schoolhouse has 200 pupils studying AS too A2 Maths too Further Maths.  Around twenty pupils subscribe to my spider web log yesteryear e-mail too I promise that position out volition growth greatly adjacent twelvemonth (if I successfully promote it to the incoming Year 12s inwards September). It's been a really useful means of sharing resources too word - for instance almost trips, courses, opened upward days too competitions.  Over the class of the twelvemonth I've done an average of 3 - iv posts per calendar month then it's been less time-consuming than my other blog.

Summary
Although I've continued to utilisation 'old-fashioned' forms of communication (noticeboards, handouts etc), I experience that blogging has been an splendid method for communicating amongst pupils, peculiarly during written report leave. Blogger - too similar tools - are really quick too slow to use.

My blogs direct maintain been primarily for communicating amongst pupils, dissimilar other blogs run yesteryear my schoolhouse (like this one) which give pupils the chance to part spider web log posts themselves.

I've seen Twitter used yesteryear other Maths Departments to communicate amongst pupils - I mean value this is an splendid sentiment too my adjacent destination is to encourage my Head of Department to laid this upward for my school.





No comments:

Post a Comment