Monday, April 27, 2020

Resources, Resources, Resources...

Inequalities activeness - Project Maths
I've been working actually difficult on my resources libraries lately, hence I'm pleased to tell I'm live fix to portion them! They tin flame live accessed through the tabs at the move past times of the page.

This is where I've lay all my resources recommendations for you lot to browse when you're planning lessons. The A' degree pages volition in all likelihood live the most helpful equally it tin flame live difficult to notice practiced resources for Key Stage 5. 

My recommendations are past times no agency exhaustive - there's loads of practiced resources I haven't discovered nonetheless (the meshing is likewise big, I can't proceed upward alongside it!). But I volition update my listings whenever I come upward across something peculiarly good. To clarify what I hateful past times 'good' - my recommendations include well-designed activities, rich tasks and worksheets for topics where I retrieve it tin flame live difficult to notice suitable practise questions. 

My Top three Websites
The resources I've recommended are all gratis as well as come upward from a broad arrive at of sources.  Here's my electrical current favourite websites, inwards no detail order.
  1. Roof Truss task (trigonometry) and Bee Aware (scatter graphs) - at that topographic point are hundreds to a greater extent than as well as they're all awesome.  
  2. MathsPad has enough of first-class gratis resources. Subscription (£3 per month) gives access to their total range. I dear the way their resources are designed, including their interactive activities which are all really engaging as well as slowly to use. Example resources include this lovely Square as well as Cube Numbers Puzzle, and for older pupils I actually like Is it Rational?. 
  3. Teachit Maths has large, well-organised resources libraries.  Free registration gives access to resources inwards pdf form, which is fine for all their printable activities as well as worksheets. You'll demand a subscription (£25 per year) if you lot also desire to access PowerPoints, interactive activities, pedagogy tools etc. Worksheets are well-designed, engaging as well as include solutions. Examples of their resources include this Mental Powers Code Breaker as well as this Transforming Graphs carte kind activity, which I accept used successfully alongside both my Year 11s as well as Year 12s.
Special get upward to The Chalk Face and Mathematics Assessment Project - both of these websites are total of first-class ideas. I also larn a lot of resources from TES. One of my favourite TES contributors is SRWhitehouse who creates first-class H5N1 degree activities. For a total (and ever-expanding) listing of recommended resources websites, meet my links page.

Factor Trees - Median Don Steward

My Blog
Now I've finished creating my resources libraries, I tin flame larn dorsum to focussing on my blog. Here's or hence of the highlights hence far...

For a total listing of my weblog posts meet the blog archive.  Not bad going for three months!

'Find the Coordinates' chore past times Susan Wall


No comments:

Post a Comment